verb-short and verb-long forms

Bruce,

I saw that you added a verb-short term. How exactly would this work to put “ed. by” or “trans. by” before contributor’s name? For example, in:

I thought the most straightforward way to do this is use a label with a “verb-short” form:

We’ll also need a “verb-long” form so we can display “edited by” and “translated by”.

-Jim

I thought the most straightforward way to do this is use a label
with a “verb-short” form:

Right.

We’ll also need a “verb-long” form so we can display “edited by”
and “translated by”.

Perhaps we can just do “verb” and assume the full/long by default?

Will let Simon decide :wink:

Bruce

One minor (XML) thing. You know that this …On Mar 26, 2007, at 1:02 PM, James M Safley wrote:

<name></name>

… can be encoded like this:

<name/>

… right?

Bruce

One minor (XML) thing. You know that this …

… can be encoded like this:

… right?

Yes. It’s just a quirk of mine.

A few things:

I still can’t get this to work:

It’s not printing out the series title, as I suppose it should.

In relation to this, how should I display a series number? There doesn’t seem to be an appropriate CSL element to add relation=“collection”. I’m beginning to understand the need for abstract relations, i.e. a book is a chapter’s container and a series is a book’s collection. Yet series title and series number are so ubiquitous in styles that it seems they need their own CSL elements, like:

Or something to that effect.

Also, I think we should add a “number of volumes” element to the schema (it would match up to Zotero’s “# of Volumes” field). It’s mandatory in a few styles that I’m working on.

And lastly, I can’t get the following to work:

Shouldn’t this display something like: “1st Marine edn”? I want to avoid the following:

Thanks,
Jim