I think there needs to be a few more mappings, and possibly some new CSL
things added to make the mapping between what zotero stores and what CSL can
handle. Specifically to implement some of the more weird and wonderful
- Only the performer is mapped as author. Composer, and contributor, words
by are not available. I wonder what these might be mapped to?
- Running time
- Loc. in Archive
A number of these apply to some of the below too.
- no mapping for Bill number, session - both of which are required by
Chicago. I can’t see an obvious CSL destination
Book and chapter
- no mapping for series editor - I found a use for this in one style I
encountered. It could be mapped to something existing but might be better as
a new author type in CSL.
- Court isn’t mapped which Chicago requires - could be mapped to location?
Although some cases required publication details.
- Conference name is not mapped, container-title might be a possible
Film, TV, video and Radio
- Only director is mapped (to author). I think producer and scriptwriter
would be useful, but not sure what they should target
- Chicago suggests the Committee is the author, although this isn’t mapped.
The only author zotero allows is Contributor which maps to Author but
doesn’t feel right.
- Interviewer is not mapped - there is a new CSL target for this now I
- Recipient isn’t mapped, should use the new CSL attribute for this.
- the section part could do with a destination in CSL. This has come up in a
number of styles.
- the patent no is the most important missing part - not sure what CSL
element this would be
- Issue date is also required (as separate from filing date).
e.g. Petroff, M. D., and M. G. Stapelbroek. 1980. Blocked impurity band
detectors. US Patent 4,586,960, filed Oct. 23, 1980, and issued Feb. 4,
Reviews seem common - film reviews, tv progs, concerts etc.
3. Ben Brantley, review of Our Lady of Sligo, by Sebastian Barry, directed
by Max Stafford-Clark, Irish Repertory Theater, New York, New York Times,
April 21, 2000, Weekend section.
Bible seems to be very common with its own format - as in
6. 2 Kings 11:8 (New Revised Standard Version).
Qu’ran too (Qur’an 19:17–21) and others.